Saturday, September 10, 2011

RNW’s team with crossed fingers, but realistic

Some time ago I’ve found the interesting podcast Euro Hit 40, in Portuguese, from Radio Netherlands, a monthly program that plays the songs that make success in Europe. I also found the English version of the program, which has a differential: a competition about music with prizes for the listeners.

I couldn’t resist and, I’ve to confess, after researching the answer for the July question on Google, participate in the quiz. Tim Fisher, the host of the program, asked the Language of Veronica Maggio’s  song “Jag Kommer”., Although for me it sounded like Dutch, it’s Swedish. Last week I received a mail informing that I was the winner. Lucky guy, don’t you think? When the prize arrives in Brazil, I’ll take a picture and publish on the blog.

I
 took the opportunity to question Fisher about the future of the program, considering the announcement about drastic cuts on RNW’s budget. He gave me an honest answer: “No news on the future of the Euro Hit 40 show as yet. We’re all keeping our fingers crossed, but remaining realistic too. Hope you’ll go on enjoying the show for as long as it lasts!”


In this video I’ve recorded the beginning of the program and the part in which I’m announced as the winner of the competition.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!
    I'm a big fan of the Euro Hit 40 Show (EN) / Europarade (ES) / Euro Parade (FR) / Europarada (PT) :) I'm looking for some Euro Hit 40 shows hosted by Howard Shannon... Have you heard some of them?
    Please, let me know if you have it
    P.S. I'm kind of jealous for your prize :P just kidding! :D

    ReplyDelete