Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A congratulation letter to Fidel Castro generates controversy in Germany



I’ve listened this news, extracted from DW’s Das Magazin, on August 23, through live streaming with my mobile phone, while going to work. I was caught by the beginning of the text, explaining that Erich Honecker, the German Democratic Republic’s Comunist Party General Secretary until 1989, wouldn’t write in a different way a letter to congratulate Fidel Castro for his Birthday. The news is about a letter written by the Left Party of Germany to Castro. The polemic is because of the uncritical tone of the text. Later I downloaded the program from Deutsche Welle’s media center.

2 comments:

  1. Short but very informative stuff! Keep them coming
    Letters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    I think now the link Deutsche Welle’s media center is no more working.

    http://www.sampleletters.org/


    ReplyDelete